One and two-day child sexual abuse and exploitation training courses
We offer a range of one and two-day courses, which cover a variety of subject areas, and are suitable for all professions and sectors.
Our training helps organisations, professionals, frontline workers, volunteers and others working with children and families further their understanding of sexual abuse and sexual offending.
UNDERSTANDING CHILD SEXUAL ABUSERS – One-day course
One date/location available:
30 January 2019 (9am - 4:30pm)
Epsom, KT17 1HB
This is an introductory day, focussing on adult male sexual abusers. It is ideal for social workers, police and Probation Service staff, counsellors, CAFCASS workers and others whose work requires them to understand and assess men who sexually abuse, or are alleged to have abused, children. It aims:
- To provide information about different types of adult sex offenders and their different patterns of offending, including those who abuse online and via the internet.
- To provide information about models currently used to understand sexually abusive behaviour.
- To consider the impact of offender attitudes and beliefs, as well as behaviour, on the children and young people they abuse.
- To consider the impact of the offender on the protective parent, and other family members.
- To consider the interaction between a sex offender and workers/community agencies.
understanding child sexual abusers and the internet – ONE-DAY COURSE
5 February 2019 (9am - 4:30pm)
This is an introductory day, offering insights about online abusive behaviours and lessons from up-to-date research. It is ideal for social workers, police and Probation Service staff, counsellors, CAFCASS workers and others whose work requires them to understand and assess men who offend against children and young people online or via social media. It aims to provide information about:
- The use of the internet for abusive purposes: abusive imagery, grooming and sexualisation
- Psychological dimensions of viewing abusive imagery
- Crossover from viewing/online to contact abuse: psychological, and criminal
- Prevention, education, and management
We anticipate there will be considerable interest in this one-day event. There will of course be an upper limit on numbers so we advise to book early to avoid disappointment.
Safer recruitment – train the trainer workshop
7-8 March 2019
This course is designed for people who wish to become Safer Recruitment trainers. Accordingly participants will wish to:
- Develop their familiarity with Safer Recruitment materials
- Learn and practice the format of the Safer Recruitment training day
- Learn how to deliver the course
- Acquaint themselves with up-to-date exercises.
- The Safer Recruitment Consortium accreditation process requires that delegates are able to evidence experience in key areas before attending the Safer Recruitment Train the Trainer course. A delegate should have either a background in Child Protection, HR or school governance with some training delivery experience, or be an established trainer with experience of at least one of these key areas*
- THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS COURSE IS 27 February 2019
Register your interest
Sign up for news & updatesFill In Our Newsletter Form Here
To support our work to protect children, donate today.Donate Today