One and two-day child sexual abuse and exploitation training courses
We offer a range of one and two-day courses, which cover a variety of subject areas, and are suitable for all professions and sectors.
Our training helps organisations, professionals, frontline workers, volunteers and others working with children and families further their understanding of sexual abuse and sexual offending.
Safer Recruitment – two-day 'Train the Trainer' course
17-18 October 2018
The Laylock Centre, N1 1TH
Participants acquire the skills needed to deliver one-day accredited Safer Recruitment training. By the end of our two-day course, participants will have learned how to deliver training which:
- Identifies key features of staff recruitment that help deter or prevent the appointment of unsuitable people
- Considers policies and practices that minimise opportunities for abuse or ensure its prompt reporting
- Enables participants to review their own organisation’s policies and practices with a view to making them safe
Successful participants will be able to enrol on the SR Consortium’s register of accredited Safer Recruitment Trainers.
Course fee: £1,000 plus VAT
Information and booking: For more information and to book onto this course contact the Training Coordinator on 01527 591 912 or firstname.lastname@example.org
SAFER RECRUITMENT – one-DAY refresher course
Three dates/locations available:
London (limited places available)
5 November 2018
The Laylock Centre, N1 1TH
Bromsgrove (no places available)
13 November 2018
Britannia Hotel, B61 0JB
21 November 2018
The Grand Hotel, YO1 6GD
Participants gain the skills they need to ensure that safeguarding is at the heart of their recruitment decisions. By the end of our one-day course, participants will have:
- Identified key features of staff recruitment that help deter or prevent the appointment of unsuitable people
- Considered policies and practices that minimise opportunities for abuse or ensure its prompt reporting
- Re-practiced current and up-to-date exercises and materials.
Assessing the protective skills of mothers, partners and adult carers in intra-familial child sexual abuse – one-day course
4 December 2018
Harris Business Park, B60 4DJ
Participants will have a greater understanding of:
- The different patterns and styles of male sexual offending against children
- The impact upon an abuser’s relationship with the non-offending partner and other relationships within the family
- A carer’s responses to the abuse and its aftermath, in this context
- Workers’ responses and reactions to non-offending partners
- The implications of all these for assessing a carer’s future likelihood of keeping children safe from sexual abuse.
Information and booking: For more information and to book onto this course, contact the Training Coordinator on 01527 591 912 or email@example.com
Register your interest
Sign up for news & updatesFill In Our Newsletter Form Here
To support our work to protect children, donate today.Donate Today