Assessments, intervention and consultancy
We provide expert assessments and intervention for:
- children who have displayed harmful sexual behaviour
- adults who have, or who are alleged to have, committed a sexual offence against a child
- protective adults, including parents and carers
Our practitioners are experts in the field of child sexual abuse who come from a variety of professional backgrounds including social care, probation and psychology. They have extensive skills and expertise working with child sexual abuse and harmful sexual behaviour. We work with children, adults and families from a wide range of backgrounds, with complex and multi-faceted needs, taking a therapeutic, trauma-informed approach.
Making a Referral
- local authority decision-making, including about safety planning, placement planning or family reunification
- family court proceedings, including care proceedings or adoption hearings
- assessment and intervention of individuals, to manage and reduce risk of sexual harm
- protective parenting assessments and interventions with parents and carers
- therapeutic work with children, young people, adults or whole families
Our work with adults
We provide specialist assessments with individuals where there are concerns regarding child sexual abuse.
- assessments of adults who have offended, or have allegations made against them.
- protective parenting assessments of non-offending partners.
- dual assessments with partners around risk of sexual harm to children, and ability to protect children from sexual harm.
- assessments of parents/carers where there are harmful sexual behaviour concerns by young people within the family.
- we can also work jointly with our young people’s specialist practitioners to provide assessments including whole families where appropriate.
Feedback“I cannot thank you enough for your time, help and support and to find someone who really understands what went on my life. Thank you once again.”
In addition to our specialist assessments, we undertake interventions with individuals or couples where there are child sexual abuse concerns. This may include bespoke interventions with those who have perpetrated harm (or are alleged to have) and work with non-offending partners, parents/carers. We have a protective parenting intervention course that aims to improve parents’ ability to protect their children from sexual harm. The protective parenting intervention provides educational input and support to increase awareness of child sexual abuse, develop an understanding of how to protect children from sexual harm and can include the development of a family safety plan. Our protective parenting interventions can typically be undertaken over the course of 6 – 8 sessions, though they are tailored to the needs of the individual client or couple. To discuss any interventions you require, please do get in touch. We understand that each situation is unique and we are happy to discuss how we may be of help.
“We were really impressed with the practitioner’s knowledge and experiences. Her understanding of the situation made her input really helpful.”
“I had a general understanding of CSA but this has clarified so much. Every aspect of the intervention included useful information and something that I can use now and in the future as my child is growing. I feel now more confident in knowing signs to look for in CSA as well as knowing that I can really do things now to help prevent issues occurring in the future. "
Our specialist staff can provide expert child protection and safeguarding advice and consultancy to statutory and voluntary organisations.
We have a proven track record of assisting a range of organisations to improve their services or respond to challenges at an organisational level.
“The report is well written and has been really helpful further identifying and evidencing the risk.”
“The report will be extremely helpful in future care planning.”
- formulation work and use of the Good Lives Model to support the child or young person’s understanding of their behaviour, its function and how they can safely and appropriately meet their needs
- educational work about sex, consent, safe and unsafe touch and appropriate boundaries
- supporting the development of problem solving and coping skills, emotional regulation and healthy relationships
- promoting safe online use and developing understanding of the impact of pornography
- family work to promote positive communication and safety planning
- reunification work to support the young person to make amends and the family to move on
“I enjoy our conversations, it’s not been difficult, it’s more like spewing it out helps rather than trying to focus on individual things in my head.”
For more information, advice and fees, contact the Referrals Manager:
Find out more and book onto our child sexual abuse and exploitation training. The various courses are delivered by experienced practitioners and tailor-made to meet your needs.
Find out about our expert child protection and safeguarding advice and consultancy, suitable to any organisation including statutory, voluntary and commercial companies.
confidential stop It now! helpline
Anyone with a concern about child sexual abuse and its prevention can anonymously call the Stop It Now! helpline. We encourage you to trust your gut and call, whatever your worry or level of concern.
Inform Plus and engage plus
Read about our courses suitable for anyone who has committed an online offence involving children, including grooming to help stop reoffending.
Sign up for news & updatesFill In Our Newsletter Form Here
To support our work to protect children, donate today.Donate Today