For people troubled by their sexual thoughts about children and young people, their family and friends, and professionals working with these groups.
for people troubled by their sexual thoughts about children and young people
We provide information and support for people troubled by their sexual thoughts about children and young people. Our website aims to help people to cope with unwanted feelings and urges; and offers guidance about how to manage problematic behaviour.
Perhaps you are concerned about your thoughts and although you do not fantasise about acting on these thoughts, you find the thoughts unhealthy and unwanted. Perhaps you have already found ways of managing your sexual thoughts about children; or perhaps not.
Whatever your situation, by visiting our Get Support website you will be taking a step in the right direction.
We keep no details or information that can identify the people who access this site. Like our Stop It Now! helpline, it is free, anonymous and completely confidential.
You can also talk to a trained operator on our anonymous and confidential Stop It Now! helpline 0808 1000 900, or use our secure messaging service.
for those close to people troubled by their sexual thoughts about children and young people
We also provide online information and advice for wives and partners, parents, all adult family members and friends of people who they suspect or know may be engaging in inappropriate sexual behaviours involving children.
The aim of our Get Support website is to provide the kind of information that family members need in order to begin to make sense of an extremely challenging situation. The discovery or suspicion that someone close to you is experiencing sexual thoughts about children, or engaging in inappropriate sexual behaviour, is usually very upsetting and people worry about the consequences not just for that person, but for themselves and their families.
FOR PROFESSIONALS WORKING WITH PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN ARRESTED OR CONVICTED OF SEXUAL OFFENCES with children OR THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS
We also have online information and advice for professionals and includes:
- Guidance and support for professionals about the criminal justice process, the involvement of Children's Services and the importance of multi-agency working.
- References for up-to-date research on the subject.
- Discussion about difficult aspects of the work, such as how to talk to young people who have been affected by a parent who has been arrested.
- Information about the potential impact this area of work can have on professionals including self-care modules.
Our Stop it Now! Helpline is a confidential and Freephone service available to anyone with concerns about child sexual abuse, including:
- adults worried about the sexual behaviour of other adults, or children and young people
- those worried about their own sexual thoughts or behaviour towards children, including those with concerns about their online behaviour
- friends and relatives of people arrested for sexual offending, including internet offending
- any other adult with a concern about child sexual abuse - including survivors and professionals
Whatever your concern, our experienced operators can offer confidential advice on what steps you could take.
Our telephone helpline offers a confidential service for people seeking advice and support. This means that when contacting us you do not have to give any identifying information such as address, telephone number or last name.
However if you do give us identifying information and we are concerned that a child is at risk or a criminal offence has been committed which the police may not be aware of, we will have to pass on that information to the appropriate agencies.
Emails are anonymised to preserve confidentiality. Please read our confidentiality statement below before contacting us. And please note that e-mails sent to any other email address are not confidential.
Sign up for news & updatesFill In Our Newsletter Form Here
To support our work to protect children, donate today.Donate Today