Inform Plus for families of internet offenders
The Inform Programme is a course for partners, relatives and friends of anyone who has been accessing indecent images of children online.
It offers a safe space in which people who are struggling with the emotional and practical impact of Internet offending can bring their questions and anxieties and begin to explore them in a supportive environment.
Each group typically has up to six members, who meet for five sessions.
The group is led by a specialist LFF staff member and aims to:
- Dispel myths about Internet offending and provide attendees with the facts
- Explore questions such as:- 'what made him do it?' and 'why didn't he stop?'
- Consider practical issues including the implications of sentencing outcomes and the Sex Offenders' Register
- Help participants devise practical strategies to plan for the future, including on-going risk management
- Provide emotional support to help attendees cope and alleviate feelings of stress and isolation
- Enhance the ability of participants to aid their own, and their family's, recovery
Information shared remains confidential unless it raises concerns about a child at risk.
How long is the course and how much does it cost?
The Inform Group course runs over 5 weeks with each session lasting between 2 and 2 ½ hours. If you cannot attend one of our group programmes, it may be possible for us to deliver it on a one-to-one basis.
As a charity we try our best to ensure charitable funding is available to support our work with families and we encourage donations from participants' if they can afford to contribute to their attendance, however, in some cases we may have to charge a fee to cover the cost of the course. Please contact us to discuss your individual needs.
What previous participants have said
“I am very pleased that I did the Inform course. I now understand a lot more. The Foundation has been brilliant I am so pleased that I picked up the phone. I now don't feel so alone.”
“Just to say, LFF has been brilliant and so supportive that I've felt less isolated and anxious over the past month or so. Having various processes explained has given me more confidence to talk openly about it and has encouraged more discussions between my partner and I regarding disclosure. Just having someone who completely understands what's going on fully is a great help... so really, thank you.”
“Just a very big thank you to the Lucy Faithfull Foundation. I really don't know where I'd be without the support I've had.”
To discuss the course, please call Stop it Now! Helpline
Sign up for news & updatesFill In Our Newsletter Form Here
To support our work to protect children, donate today.Donate Today