Safer Recruitment in Education Settings Training
Recruiting safely, protecting children
Who is it for?
This course gives participants the information and understanding they need to recruit safely and comply with relevant statutory guidance. It is suitable for head teachers, safeguarding staff, school governors and all others in the education sector who are involved in staff selection.
How will this help?
Participants gain the skills they need to ensure that safeguarding is at the heart of their recruitment decisions. By the end of our one day course, participants will have:
- Identified key features of staff recruitment that help deter or prevent the appointment of unsuitable people
- Considered policies and practices that minimise opportunities for abuse or ensure its prompt reporting
- Begun to review their own organisation's policies and practices with a view to making them safe
Delivered by experienced facilitators, course content includes:
- Safer recruitment and the wider context of safeguarding
- Prevalence of abuse and profile of abusers
- How abusers operate within organisations
- Features of a safer recruitment process
- Planning a safer recruitment process
- Making the right decisions: interview and selection
- Setting acceptable standards of behaviour
- Maintaining an ongoing culture of vigilance
Attendees told us:
"Increased awareness of the importance of safeguarding and application through recruitment. Made me think very carefully about my current role and our school situation."
"Face to face training is so much more effective than online. Topics can be discussed with colleagues working in schools and in other settings."
"As a member of staff new to the recruitment/interview process this has helped me see the requirements expected of me both legally and morally."
For more information and to discuss your training requirements, contact the Training Coordinator:
Sign up for news & updatesFill In Our Newsletter Form Here
To support our work to protect children, donate today.Donate Today