SAFER RECRUITMENT IN EDUCATION SETTINGS – REFRESHER DAY
Recruiting safely, protecting children
WHO IS IT FOR?
This course is for people who have completed safer recruitment ‘train the trainer’ in the past, but have not delivered safer recuitment training for an extended period (generally over 18 months). Accordingly participants will wish to increase their familiarity with safer recruitment materials, and re-acquaint themselves with up-to-date exercises.
HOW WILL THIS HELP?
Participants gain the skills they need to ensure that safeguarding is at the heart of their recruitment decisions. By the end of our one day course, participants will have:
- Identified key features of staff recruitment that help deter or prevent the appointment of unsuitable people
- Considered policies and practices that minimise opportunities for abuse or ensure its prompt reporting
- Re-practiced current and up-to-date exercises and materials.
Delivered by an authorised ‘train-the-trainer’ facilitator, course content includes:
- Safer recruitment and the wider context of safeguarding
- Prevalence of abuse and profile of people who have sexually abused a child
- How people who have sexually abused a child operate within organisations
- Features of a safer recruitment process
- Planning a safer recruitment process
- Making the right decisions: interview and selection
- Setting acceptable standards of behaviour
- Maintaining an ongoing culture of vigilance
Attendees told us:
“I have walked away better informed and able to improve my training in order to keep children as safe as possible.”
“The updates and clarifications given were very helpful.”
“Some very good knowledge in the room that supported learning.”
Sign up for news & updatesFill In Our Newsletter Form Here
To support our work to protect children, donate today.Donate Today