Safer Recruitment Training for Organisations that Work with Children and Young People
Recruiting safely, protecting children
Who is it for?
This safer recruitment course gives participants the essential information and understanding they need to recruit safely and thereby help protect children from harm. It is therefore suitable for anyone who recruits people to work with children and young people such as leisure organisations, sporting organisations, scouts and brownies groups and early years settings.
How will this help?
Participants gain the skills they need to ensure that safeguarding is at the heart of their recruitment decisions. By the end of our one day course, participants will have:
- Identified key features of staff recruitment that help deter or prevent the appointment of unsuitable people
- Considered policies and practices that minimise opportunities for abuse or ensure its prompt reporting
- Begun to review their own organisation's policies and practices with a view to making them safe
Delivered by experienced facilitators, safer recruitment course content includes:
- Safer recruitment and the wider context of safeguarding
- Prevalence of abuse and profile of people who have sexually abused a child
- How people who have sexually abused a child operate within organisations
- Features of a safer recruitment process
- Planning a safer recruitment process
- Making the right decisions: interview and selection
- Setting acceptable standards of behaviour
- Maintaining an ongoing culture of vigilance
Attendees told us:
"I would recommend it if they were going to be sitting on interview panels as it's very informative."
"I expected the training to be quite 'dry' and theoretical - but in actual fact was very hands on and relevant - a very valuable course."
"Really liked the good interview questions. V useful! Great course."
For more information and to discuss your training requirements, contact the Training Coordinator:
Sign up for news & updatesFill In Our Newsletter Form Here
To support our work to protect children, donate today.Donate Today