Lucy Faithfull Foundation Wales (previously called Stop It Now! Wales) provides distinct services to prevent child sexual abuse in Wales.
Services in Wales
Lucy Faithfull Foundation Wales provides:
- ‘Keeping children safe’ public education sessions for parents, carers and professionals through children’s centres, parents’ networks, schools and other agencies.
- Multi-agency training events and train-the-trainer sessions for professionals to understand how child sexual abuse happens and how to prevent it.
- Early intervention programmes for vulnerable or at-risk families in Wales. Referrals are through statutory or voluntary services that identify children at risk but who have not met the threshold for formal intervention. The programme involves working with the family over three to eight weeks, resulting in the production of a co-developed family safety plan.
- Focus groups to develop and shape our work across Wales, working directly with parents, carers, professionals, survivors and young people.
- Input at the government Cross Party Group on preventing and responding to child sexual abuse in Wales and acts as joint secretariat.
- Keynote speaking at conferences and attendance at sector-related events.
Claire Short, the National Manager, manages the service. She covers South and West Wales, including South Powys, and is based in Cardiff. Gill Jones, the Assistant Manager, covers North Wales local authority areas, including North Powys, and is based in Flintshire. Two project workers support the managers – one covers North Wales, the other South Wales.
Further information, including training material, advice and resources, can be found in the Wales section of our Stop It Now website.
Sign up for news & updatesFill in our newsletter form here
To support our work to protect children, donate today.Donate today