SAFER RECRUITMENT – TRAINER PROGRAMME
Become an Accredited ‘Safer Recruitment’ Trainer
Who is it for?
This course is designed for people who wish to become safer recruitment trainers. Accordingly participants will wish to:
- Develop their familiarity with safer recruitment materials
- Learn and practice the format of the safer recruitment training day
- Learn how to deliver the course
- Acquaint themselves with up-to-date exercises.
HOW WILL THIS HELP?
Participants acquire the skills needed to deliver one-day accredited safer recruitment training. By the end of our two-day course, participants will have learned how to deliver training which:
- Identifies key features of staff recruitment that help deter or prevent the appointment of unsuitable people
- Considers policies and practices that minimise opportunities for abuse or ensure its prompt reporting
- Enables participants to review their own organisation’s policies and practices with a view to making them safe
Successful participants will be able to enrol on the safer recruitment Consortium’s register of accredited safer recruitment trainers, able to deliver
Delivered by an authorised ‘train-the-trainer’ facilitator, course content includes:
- Safer recruitment and the wider context of safeguarding
- Prevalence of abuse and profile of people who have sexually abused a child
- How people who have sexually abused a child operate within organisations
- Features of a safer recruitment process
- Planning a safer recruitment process
- Making the right decisions: interview and selection
- Using criminal records information
- Setting acceptable standards of behaviour
- Maintaining an ongoing culture of vigilance
Attendees told us:
Well-structured, covering a broad range of topics. Some sensitive areas which could be potentially hard to discuss were handled well. Gave plenty of opportunity to interact and learn.
Instilling confidence to deliver. Highlighting key messages when delivering. Tips on how to manage difficult training situations.
The content was up-to-date and ready to deliver straight away. The exercises were thought provoking and pertinent to the messages that the course delivers. It was really good to be trained by someone with the knowledge that the trainer had.
Sign up for news & updatesFill In Our Newsletter Form Here
To support our work to protect children, donate today.Donate Today